Why should you choose resin bound pavers in Stockport?
A rise in floods and awareness of flood prevention has led to a dramatic increase in the market for permeable resin-bound paving.
Substandard installations are becoming more common as resin bound paving demand has increased. It’s frustrating because this can lead to a negative image for a premium paving product which, when installed correctly and properly, will last over 25.
Because it is still a new product, it is one of very few trades in construction without a governing body, Trade Association, or even a website. Furthermore, the Paving Expert website is the only place you can go to for independent advice about resin bound Paving.
Our vision of clear resin bound paving was revolutionized nearly 22 years ago. We are proud to say that our staff remain as enthusiastic and passionate about the product today as Peter and Kevin were when they founded The Driveway Experts in 1997.
So here they are – 10 really good reasons to choose resin bound paving…
- It is permeable. Cold mixed on-site using a process that ensures that every stone particle is fully covered in resin, forming a structurally sound 3D matrix. There are tiny gaps that allow water to pass through during the laying process.
- It is visually appealing: resin bound paving is not only decorative but also durable, practical, and versatile.
- It is resistant to all weather conditions.
- It is durable and lasts a long time. Resin bound pavement is extremely durable. Although warranties last between 10 and 21 years, properly installed and maintained, they can last more than 25.
- It doesn’t require any maintenance. There are no weeds to weed or loose stones to sweep. You can keep it looking new by brushing it regularly and using a power washer occasionally.
- It acts as a natural filter: As rainwater or surface water seeps through it, a natural filtration occurs. This reduces or eliminates impurities caused by oil and metals.
- It reduces standing water (puddles), which reduces surface water runoff and flash flooding.
- It’s SuDS compliant (Sustainable urban drainage systems): A water management system created by Environment Agency in order to manage flood risk, water quality, and flood risk.
- It reduces heat island effects. Heat islands are caused by hard surfaces like concrete and asphalt, which absorb and store heat. Permeable pavers allow the soil beneath to breathe, which lowers the surface temperature and reduces the heat island effect.
- No need for planning permission: Planning permission is not required for areas smaller than 5m2 or where the new surface is permeable.
Comparable to traditional paving options...
- Are impermeable
- Look more industrial
- Not weather-resistant
- Your functional life expectancy is very limited
- Require more maintenance
- Flash flooding can be caused by creating puddles
- You do not need planning permission to be SuDS compliant. This is a water management system that was introduced by Environment Agency to manage flood risk.
- You can retain heat and make a contribution to the “heat island” effect.
Resin bound paving has many benefits over traditional pavers. Resin bound paving uses natural aggregates from Europe and The Driveway Experts’s ultra-stable polyurethane. This resin enhances and preserves the aggregates’ natural beauty. It’s an attractive alternative and can be customized to suit your needs. The Driveway Experts has a wide range of color options for resin bound pavement. This makes it easy to select the right texture and colour for your project.
Why is it unique?
There are many reasons that resin bound pavers are preferred to other types of paving. Here are some:
- It is permeable, which means that it doesn’t ‘puddle’ in wet conditions.
- It looks great. Resin bound Paving can be tailored to your home/business/driveway.
- It is durable, practical and versatile. Resin bound Paving can be used for many purposes and surfaces.
- It is resilient to weather changes. It is resistant to freezing in the winter and will not fade under the sun during the summer.
- It can last longer than 25 year, making it very durable and cost-effective.
- It doesn’t require a lot of care or maintenance.
- It is a flat surface that doesn’t have any loose stones. This makes it ideal for pushchairs and wheelchairs.
There are many reasons to love Resin Bound paving, as you can see. You can make your life simpler and it will enhance the appeal of your property.
How is resin bound paving made?
The process is complicated, and The Driveway Experts has perfected the art of it.
Our unique cold-mixed process ensures that every stone particle is fully covered in resin, resulting in a 3D matrix with structural stability. This stone mix is composed of natural aggregate, recycled materials and marble.
It is important that resin bound paving is tightly packed to ensure its durability and long-term performance.
This process mixes natural aggregate, recycled materials, and clear resin together. We coat each of these small stones with resin, one at a time. Once the process is complete, the particles will be placed directly on the base. They are then smoothed into a flat, smooth surface resin bound pavers.
After the surface is laid, the final depth can range between 12mm and 24mm, depending on the type of stone used and its function. Different depths will be required for driveways or public spaces such as playgrounds.
Did you know?
The Driveway Experts resin bound Paving comes with a 21 year guarantee. This guarantee is valid when the paving has been installed by either our Installation Team or an The Driveway Experts Global Partner. This guarantee is offered because we are so confident in our product’s quality:
- Loose stones
- Oil damage
- Colour changes
- Frost damage
Questions to know if resin paving is for you?
This article can help you to ask the right questions if you are considering investing in resin paver. You can easily find out if resin-paving is the right choice for you by asking the right questions.
Let’s first say that resin pavement is an excellent choice for many surfaces. It can be durable and attractive and it comes in many styles.
Question 1: What is your budget?
Budget is one of many things that people must consider when planning projects such as resurfacing driveways and communal areas. The first thing you should ask is “What is my budget?” Resin pavers are not the most expensive option for surface surfaces. Resin Paving is an attractive, long-lasting and personalisable option.
A quote is the best way to determine if resin-paving is within your budget. We offer free quotes without any obligation.
Question 2: Are you having problems with planning permission?
You won’t have to worry about planning permissions for other types if resin paving. Since 2008’s new legislation, planning permission is no longer required for areas smaller than 5m2 and if the new surface has permeability. Permeable resin paving doesn’t require planning permission. This is great news for anyone who has had problems with resin paving.
Question 3: Have you been having problems with flooding?
Many properties and driveways in the UK suffer from flooding and water damage because of the unpredictable weather. However, resin paving is permeable which reduces flooding and water collecting on surfaces. When laying resin paving, tiny cracks are left that allow water to drain.
Question 4: Do you want to make a long-term investment?
Resin paving makes a great long-term investment for your driveway or property. Resin paving is extremely durable and can last up to 25 years.
Question 5: Do you have time for maintenance?
Resin Paving is the best choice if time is tight and you need a flooring/surface with minimal maintenance. Many people are looking for something that is low-maintenance and does not require any care. Resin paving may be the right choice for you if you are like this. The Driveway Experts offers a 21 year guarantee on all resin bound The Driveway Experts paving. This guarantee covers any damage to loose stone, cracking or oil damage, softening or colour change, as well as frost damage.